Tuesday, May 26, 2009

In Tokyo



Hey Everybody,

So I arrived in Tokyo about three days ago and it's just been an amazing experience. This is my first time overseas and it was a really cool experience just going on a plane ride for about eleven hours I think. I was able to watch two Japanese movies with English Subtitles so I would able to learn about the Japanese culture. After we arrived in Japan it was pretty hot. Well I guess it wasn't that hot but it just felt hot because it was humid. Yeah so I slept pretty early that day as I was up for practically twenty-four hours. Yeah I know, that's really unlike me. And the next day I spent most of my time exploring and getting to know the three people I will be living with for the next five weeks. That was a really great day just to see the area I'm living around and just explore the Japanese culture.

The next day, Monday, my team and I got to meet up with the ministry in Japan called Student Impact. It was great meeting them and just being able to see how excited they were that all seventeen of us were here. I also got to meet some people that are in ministry here that are originally from Taiwan. So I got to speak some Chinese with them which was a really cool experience as I know about fifteen phrases! Ni Hao! (that's how you say Hello) I also got to do a scavenger hunt yesturday. The scavenger hunt took place in Shibuya, which is basically the New York of Tokyo in my opinion. That was really fun and I even got to eat some octopus. So that was really cool because I was chewing for it for about 45 minutes. That was really chewy! And Today was great but I'm going to write about it later because I'm really tired! haha! See ya! Kinda... haha. I will also add pictures soon. Maybe tomorrow. haha!

2 comments:

  1. "that was really chewy!" and "Yeah I know, that's really unlike me." were my favorite parts :)

    ReplyDelete