Friday, May 29, 2009

2nd Day on Campus

Alright so this was my second day on campus and I went to the same university I went to the day before. Hitotsubashi or something like that... haha. Anyway, wednesday I ended up starting up in the cafeteria. I saw someone who was sitting by themselves who looked my age. I was looking for another 18 year old because the day previous to that I met only fourth years and I wanted to talk to someone my age since I thought we would have more to talk about. So when I went up to the guy and asked if I could sit with him I found out that he was indeed 18 years old. haha. So me and Andrew, who also goes to USC were talking to this guy and he seemed to be really interested in talking to us. We were talking for about 40 min and then he had to leave because he had a meeting to attend. He couldn't understand us totally but we were able to keep a decent conversation. When I asked if he wanted to give us an email so we could meet again he said he didn't have an email so I ended up giving him mine. Hopefully he will end up emailing me back and he's interested in talking with Andrew and I.

So later Andrew and I met up with Jeremy who ate lunch with the whole Lacrosse Team and was going to practice with them around 2pm. So Andrew and I decided to tag along. At 2pm all three of us met up with about 5 lacrosse players and we walked to an area off of campus. On the way there I was talking to two freshmen who were named Soshi and Yuuta. They were pretty fun to talk to and Soshi was able to speak English pretty well. When we arrived we saw that there were about 20 other lacrosse players on the field and they were really impressed that Jeremy had played Lacrosse, the goalie position, for 12 years I think. So he ended up playing the goalie while all of the other 20 lacrosse players were trying to make a goal. Andrew and I ended up talking to the 4 people who were on the female lacrosse team and found someone who spoke really good English. She had studied in America for three years so that was really fun talking. I met some of the other guys too but I don't remember the conversations... So I thought this was a really great day because I wanted to meet people my age and ended up meeting one guy at lunch and a whole lacrosse team that was my age.

No comments:

Post a Comment