Monday, June 8, 2009

10th Day on Campus

So today I went back to Gakugei University an hour earlier than we usually did. We left at 10am instead of 11am and arrived around 11am instead of around noon. We started off the day with about an hour team devotional which I found to be really helpful! We then had our joyful cafe where there were three students who came to I believe. I was able to get into a discussion with one of the guys who I had met two times prior to this meeting. I was able to tell him about what I believe and how I got to believe what I believe. He seemed somewhat interested and then changed the subject about Whale hunting for some reason. But I was able to change the subject back to God because he asked me what I thought of whale hunting. So I just told him what the Bible said about animals with the help of Andrew. He then said he had to go to a meeting but would be back on Friday!

I then decided to go for a walk for some reason... I can't remember why exactly. But I was glad I did because I then ran into my friend Yousoke and his friend Santa. They were really excited to see me and we were chatting for about an hour and they bought me pudding! Haha! I didn't get the opportunity to share the gospel but they were really excited to see me again and that we should all get together, we including Koji and Maki, next Monday! They also wanted me to go to their basketball class (they are Physical Education Majors) but I didn't think that would be alright since there were only 20 students in the class and I didn't have any athletic clothing. So we said our goodbyes and I will be seeing them next Monday!

I then went with Yuki, a Christian student at the University, to go share the gospel with some students. During this I managed to see Maki and Shuhei. They were busy so I didn't get to talk to them much but I believe I will be seeing them next Monday! Yuki and I then sat down with a guy who was sitting by himself. He said that he had graduated from the University a few years ago and was currently teaching Junior High. He also stated that his belief was following the Buddhist way and he was Buddhist because of tradition as his parents were Buddhist therefore he had felt the obligation to follow in their footsteps. I then went on to discribe the main points of the Gospel to him with the help of Yuki. Towards the end Yuki asked if he could just finish off describing the Gospel since it would be easier so he told him all about his beliefs and what the Gospel ment to him. After Yuki finished presenting the Gospel, he said that he was very thankful for having us share what our beliefs were and was glad to have met us. But he also said that he didn't want to switch religions because he felt that would be a bit complicated. Yuki and I then realized it was time for us to leave so we said our goodbyes. I just hope that he would be able to remember what Yuki and I told him about God and he would try to pursue more information about what we told him. This was a very encouraging day for me! Can't wait for tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Josh - Thank you for taking the time each day to post. Love reading your entries and the pictures too. I'm praying for you.
    ~ a Crusade mom

    ReplyDelete