Thursday, June 11, 2009

11th Day on Campus

So Tuesday was a really exhausting day for me... The day started off with some quiet time which was really nice and I thought I definitely needed it. I then went off with Kylan to the East Side dining hall where we sat with two freshmen. One of them didn't speak english very well while the other did and was even living in the YMCA where students are required to attend a weekly bible study. Kylan was able to share the gospel with him in Japanese since he had told Kylan that he was interested in the Gospel but didn't really understand. It was really neat just getting to see Kylan tell the Gospel in Japanese and get to see how interested this Japanese student was towards it.

We then went over to talk to a student who was sitting on a picnic bench. This guy didn't really seem to happy so I made it my job to try and make him smile. He wasn't really interested in talking about anything, I think, but I did get him to smile once but I forgot what made him do it. He flatly sad he wasn't really interested. The conversation was alright and I guess it was an experience that I needed, if you can understand.

I think we ended up talking to two more people but I'm not totally sure how those conversations went or anything. But I remember the last conversation we had which was probably the most encouraging one of the day! We went over to this guy who had been told about the gospel in some way a few days before that day. So we were all talking for a while and Kylan had known him from when he went to school at the University. We asked him if he wanted to learn more about who Jesus is and why he his so important to us. So right when I began to tell him about Jesus, Kylan's old friend from college comes up and says hi so they both go off to the side while I got to share the Gospel to someone on my own. Which was incidently my personal goal of the week! That was an awesome experience! So he ended up taking a bible and was going to go over it with his christian friend. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment