Sunday, June 7, 2009

9th Day on Campus

So on Friday, we went back to Gakugei University! I was really looking forward to coming back here though I knew it wouldn't be as long as last time as we had to back an hour earlier. So we had the joyful lunch cafe that day so we were all trying to gather more people to join our lunch. I went to go get food when all of the sudden this guy, who looks really familiar, comes up to me and says "Hello!" We were talking for a while and then I realized that he was one of the students that was helping me with my lunch last friday. I asked if he wanted to come to the joyful lunch and he said yes and with him came about 12 other friends of his who came over to the cafe. This encouraged me greatly because I wasn't sure if we were going to have anyone come to the cafe. This was a great time just to meet other students on Campus besides those I had already met. It was also somebodies 19th Birthday so that was really cool I thought!
Later on, after lunch, I went over to the cafeteria with Scott. We decided to go talk to three guys eating lunch at one table. They asked two other people to come over because I think they thought they would have trouble speaking English. Here Scott was able to present the Gospel in a really neat way that I've never seen before. I found this really encouraging and was really thankful for being able to be with Scott and just being able to see how he was able to converse with the Japanese students even though he was almost ten years older than most of them. He was able to present the main four points of the gospel to them but he was a little rushed so I don't think it went as well as he wanted but I'm sure God is proud! :)

After this conversation I realized we had 20 minutes so I decided to go to the other dining hall and try to find Koji since I hadn't seen him since Monday and he couldn't come to lunch because he had class. Lucky enough, I found him sitting by himself and sat down with him. I hadn't been able to share the Gospel with him before and didn't see enough time to do so then as I only had a couple of minutes left so I decided to just talk to him about life and such. I hope that I get the chance in the near future to share the most important part of my life with him! I know I only have 5 days left at the University so I really am praying to be able to have this chance! He has soccer practice 6 days a week so he doesn't have much free time. But I enjoy talking to Koji because he's really funny! Haha!

I was also encouraged a lot by Toshi, who is pictured below. I saw him at church and he gave me great encouragement on how to ask Japanese students to get to show a person around Tokyo. Haha. I was feeling a bit discouraged before church but Toshi definitely lifted up my spirits! He's also going to Los Angeles on Tuesday so I told him to say Hi to L.A. for me. Haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment