Wednesday, June 3, 2009

6th day on Campus

Konnichiwa! So today was a really great day for me! It started out at Hitotsubashi and I was going to be with Jeremy today. Jeremy just received his degree in Chemical Engineering from Montana State University. So the day started out with Jeremy and I going to go eat as we were both pretty hungry. We decided to sit with this guy who was sitting all by himself. He said that he had a friend that we be sitting at this table as well. He couldn’t understand English very well but we could keep a decent conversation. His friend soon came over and we found that he spoke English very well. He had studied abroad in Canada about a year ago. So we had been talking for a while and Jeremy found out that both of them played a musical instrument. One of them, Ryosuke, played the Trombone while the other, who went to Canada, use to play the trumpet but switched to the bassoon. Since I used to play the trumpet in high school I was able to talk about music. We were able to talk for about 40 min and then they had to class. We were able to discuss a little bit about Christianity but not as much as I had wished. But the Ryosuke asked if we had facebook, which we did. So we were able to exchange facebook names. haha. So hopefully next time we can elaborate more.
The rest of my time at the University was spent talking with Jeremy about a lot of things. It was a really great conversation and I was really thankful for the talk. Thanks for the encouragement Jeremy! haha. Chem-E Buddies for life! Though, I'm still not sure if I'm going to be a Chemical Engineer.

No comments:

Post a Comment